Powered by Blogger.
Guitar Classic
Classic Guitar
Guitar Bass

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

70s Hoyer Explorer

Hoyer Explorer

Strangely, we haven't showed many Explorer models on this blog, though it's as a classical and avant-garde design as the acclaimed Flying V. Is it because it's associated to metal music (even if it's a design from the 50s) and therefore to often ridiculous guitars? Or just because you have either original Gibson or 80s copies and that narrows anecdotes?

Anyway, here we have a beautiful circa 1975 Hoyer Explorer that looks indeed to be a faithful copy of the Gibson original, maybe a little bit less angular, that is a improvement to me. It has the beautiful white binding contrasting with its black finish, always a guaranty of elegance, and something that particularly underlines the pure complexity of the Explorer design.
But I wish Explorers had Flying V triangle headstocks, that would fit much better than the banana ones.

I had thought about making a post about the Gibson 7-string Explorer when it was released but I don't like the idea of doing advertisement for a dominant brand novelty, though to be honest I'm quite interested in this guitar (that I'll never play, too luxurious for me poor guitar lover). I'd love to see a baritone version one day, though Gibson seems to have given up any kind of creativity now, and capitalizes endlessly on a glorious past (even Epiphone has more new models!)


Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment